The 3D Retail Coalition (3D.RC), is a collaborative group of global retailers and brands, working together to advance 3D technology for the apparel, accessories, and footwear designers, retailers, manufacturers and supply chains. Our mission is to provide direction, resources, and networking opportunities to help members unlock and accelerate the potential value of 3D digital transformation, while maximizing positive impact within their organizations and the industry.
The 3D.RC organization brings together one voice for collective influence. The group is open to any retailer/brand currently using, or planning to use, 3D technology. We also welcome technology companies who wish to apply for membership to the group.
ARTICLE I – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The logistical affairs of the Coalition shall be managed by its Board of Directors: PI Apparel, Target and Kalypso.
- No member of the Board of Directors shall receive any stated salaries or fixed sum for their services
- Board of Director members will be limited to 2 per company
- Board of Director responsibilities include:
- Managing Coalition operations;
- Planning and coordinating events;
- Managing marketing and communication;
- Ensuring the Coalition operations align to goals as defined by the Steering Committee;
- Conducting weekly status meetings;
- Supporting Steering Committee members to ensure activities are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance to the 3D.RC Code of Conduct
ARTICLE II – STEERING COMMITTEE
An appointed Steering Committee will aid the Board of Directors in: being champions of the 3D technology and the Coalition; helping grow the group and make connections, helping envision what the technology could be.
- No member of the Steering Committee shall receive any stated salaries or fixed sum for their services
- Steering Committee members will be limited to 2 per company
- Steering Committee responsibilities include:
- Assisting in setting goals for the Coalition in conjunction with the Board of Directors;
- Participate as a thought leader for the Coalition by contributing to content structure and the content itself in the form of articles, events, webinars, etc;
- Attending one in-person meeting per year minimum, and quarterly ‘virtual’ meetings whether they are webinars, conference calls, etc;
- Providing leadership as a chair or co-chair on a Coalition committee;
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to ensure activities are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance to the 3D.RC Code of Conduct
ARTICLE III – MEMBERS
In its present form, the group is open to any retailer/brand currently using (or planning to use) 3D technology, as well as any academics working for academic institutes on its development. Members are expected to adhere to the 3D.RC Code of Conduct.
ARTICLE IV – MEMBERSHIP
Membership to the wider Coalition is currently without fee. This includes, in its current state, access to:
- Quarterly content in the form of informational webcasts, written accounts of webcasts, videos and other thought leadership produced for and/or distributed by the Coalition, its Members and its Committees
- Attendance at physical meetings of the Coalition to be held at such time and place as determined by the Board of Directors
Applying for membership is via the 3D.RC web site (http://3drc.pi.tv/), and includes an approval process, as well as acceptance of the 3D.RC Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct
Applying for membership is via the 3D.RC web site (http://3drc.pi.tv/), and includes an approval process, as well as acceptance of the 3D.RC Code of Conduct below.
The Coalition is meant to be a safe space where Members can contribute, learn and share. Members are expected to never share nor post the inner workings, thoughts or words of any other contributing Member without the consent of that Member and, where necessary, the Board of Directors.
In its current form, there is no fee or cost associated with being a Member. However, for the purpose of any physical meeting or event that is organized, it is expected that Members will cover their own expenses and may indeed be asked for some form of fee if needed to cover costs. Members will be given ample warning for their informed decision on whether or not to take part of events involving a fee.
As a Coalition of industry peers, it is expected that you treat all and any Coalition dealing or exposure, whether internal or external, with the utmost respect.
Share and Contribute
Whilst not expected or mandatory, the Board of Directors encourages active feedback and involvement by the Members in shaping the Coalition and its future content.
Committees are an integral part of moving the work of the 3D.RC forward. They will be formed to drive process and outcomes against Coalition goals and will be led (or co-led) by a Steering Committee Member. All Members are strongly encouraged to actively participate in at least one committee.
All Members of the 3D.RC Steering Committee will operate in full compliance with antitrust and competition laws of the United States, the European Union, and other applicable jurisdictions. In adherence to this principle, the companies acknowledge and agree that in any meetings or other discussions between or among Members of the group, the following subjects will not be discussed:
- Current or future prices charged by a company
- Current or future costs of products or services to a company
- Price-related data or practices of individual companies, including but not limited to discounts, advertising terms, terms of payment or credit, marketing practices, sales practices, bids or bid practices, warranty terms, profitability or other profit-related information Individual company research and development plans, costs, budgets or timelines
- Individual company production plans, costs, timelines, levels or quantities of production
- Refusal to deal with any competitor, supplier or customer
- Allocation of markets, territories or customers between or among the companies
- Endorsements of individual companies, products or services